Cancelling your policy
You have a statutory right to cancel the policy within fourteen (14) days, starting from the date you receive your policy documentation.
On Notice of Cancellation
On receipt of your notice of cancellation and providing you have paid the premium you will be entitled to the following refund:
- a full refund of premium in the event that you have not made a claim under the policy;
- a refund of the difference, where the premium is in excess of any claim(s) that has been paid;
- no refund where the claim(s) exceeds the premium.
In addition to your statutory right of fourteen (14) days detailed above, you may cancel the entire policy at any time by written notice. Upon receipt of your notice of cancellation or upon receipt of cancellation instructions from the administrator in the circumstances set out in the section on ‘Our Cancellation Rights’:
- where you have paid the premium in full other than by an instalment plan entered into between you and the administrator, you will be entitled to a pro rata refund of premium, which means a refund equivalent to the proportion of the unexpired portion of the premium;
- where you have funded payment of premium by an instalment plan entered into between you and the administrator no refund of premium will be payable to you and you irrevocably authorise us to pay any pro rata refund of premium that is due directly to the administrator.
To cancel the policy, please contact the administrator from whom you purchased the policy at the following address: Firstbase (Future Marketing) Limited t/a FBFM, 5 Clements Lane, Ilford, Essex, IG1 2QY Tel: 020 3510 6656